Wednesday 1 June 2011

I just read that...

every time you eat a meal free of animal products, you save 2.5 lbs. of greenhouse gas emissions, 24 square feet of land, and 133 gallons of water. If you eat three meals a day, that totals 2,737.5 lbs. of greenhouse gas, 26,280 square feet of land and 145,635 gallons of water per year! Isn't that amazing?!

Last weekend I had a samples table in Rainbow as part of national vegetarian week, and it was great! I got to meet some wonderful people who with their small business, are really changing how we can eat! From vegan beers (Kyle had a sample or two), a movement called the slow food network, to a great gluten free baker. It was wonderful! I also met some new customers and a man who said he was now regularly buying my cakes! I hope Rainbow do it again soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment