Wednesday 29 June 2011

My boy/girlfriend has dumped me* cookie recipe.

*This recipe could also be called the 'I just got sacked', the 'I just got a terrible haircut' or the 'I just got caught out in a rainstorm' cookie. Okay so, the answer to life's downers can't be found in the bottom of a bowl of cookie dough, but these chewy, gooey, damn gorgeous cookies will certainly be your shoulder to cry on while you look for them! And if you are still not convinced these are the best treatment for a heavy heart, let me tell you a) you can eat the dough straight from the spoon or add it to ice cream, b) it is a one bowl required, stick it all in and stir kinda recipe and c) you make a batch of 9 and have some dough left to refrigerate or freeze for when you need that next hug!

Okay so I will be quiet now and just give you the recipe

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup  of golden caster sugar
2/3 cup oil ( flavourless such as sunflower or canola)
1/4 cup of soya milk
1 tbs of cornflour
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup of plain flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup of choc chips

Heat the oven to 200c .Mix the sugars, oil, milk, and cornflour with a whisk to make a caramel like consistency. Add the vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt and choc chips and stir until a stiffish dough forms. Roll into ping pong size balls and flatten on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. The cookies will spread so I only put 9 cookies at a time on the baking sheet with a good amount of space between each one.
Cook for 8 mins, no longer as you want them to keep really chewy!
Then eat them! and I promise that the world won't seem as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment