Thursday 30 June 2011

My lunch, Avocado and white bean salad with apple cider and red onion potatoes.






So today I needed a quickish lunch and I came up with this! Avocado and white bean salad and apple cider and red onion potatoes! I also had a couple of my 'My boy/girlfriend has dumped me cookies' left over, which I am about to eat as I write this!

Avocado and white bean salad:
Half a avocado sliced into cubes
1 can of butter beans drained
Half a head of seasonal lettuce chopped into strips
Two hand fulls of washed spinach
Good glug of olive oil,
Tsp of sweet chilli sauce.
Tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes.
salt and pepper to taste.

First get your salad potatoes on to boil in some salted water for the potato part of the lunch. Meanwhile add all your veg leaves and beans to a bowl and add the oil, chilli sauce, yeast and salt and pepper to the salad and give it a good mix. The avocado will break down a bit and will give a wonderful creaminess to the dressing. Easy!

Apple cider and red onion potatoes:

Boiled new potatoes (I do about 5/6 per person of course you can do more or less)
Half an apple chopped small
Half a red onion chopped small
3 Tbsp of olive oil
1 Tbsp of Apple cider vinegar
Two sprigs of rosemary chopped fine
salt and pepper

So while your potatoes are finishing up, place the onion, apple and rosemary in a bowl. Add the vinegar and oil, salt and pepper. The acid in the apple cider vinegar will start to cook the red onion and take away that harsh burning onion flavour. Once tender drain the potatoes and add straight to the bowl, the steam will evaporate and those potatoes will suck up all those flavour like a sponge! Test for seasoning. Yummy! Now plate up and enjoy!!!

Oh and just a reminder that the cluttermarket is happening this saturday! I will be just infront of the main stage to the left, with a table overflowing with vegan cakes, makes and savories! See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment