Friday 28 October 2011

Yummy green kale 'crisps'!










I have been a little bit obsessed with these in the last week. I love kale, and if I can turn it into a crunchy 'treat' that I can sit and eat from a bowl while watching season 4 of Dexter with Kyle then it's even better. There are no bad oils in these 'crisps' just a tablespoon of olive oil and a healthy punch of nutritional yeast flakes! They are cooked at a fairly low temperature too so they retain all their green goodness!


4 cups of chopped kale
2 tbsp of Nutritional yeast flakes
1 tbsp of olive oil
A pinch of sea salt

Wash the chopped kale and pat dry with a clean tea towel or kitchen paper. Pop it in a bowl and drizzle over the oil, yeast flakes and salt. Give the kale a really good massage so that it is all coated in the yummy 'cheesey' mix. Pop on a lined baking tray and spread out so you have a nice thinnish layer of kale. You don't want a big pile of kale as this will steam and not go crunchy! Place in the oven at around 120c, depending on the size of your kale it may need less or more time but check it at 30mins, bring it out of the oven, wait a second and give it a little, gentle squeeze with your fingers (be careful as it will be hot) If it feels crunchy and dry it's ready to eat! If it is still soft and steamy feeling, pop it back in and check in another 10 mins.

Pop your favourite movie on and enjoy a big bowl of this delicious kale goodness!

3 comments:

  1. this looks great. I love kale too and have only seen recipes before dehydrators. Will have to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I don't have a de hydrator but wanted to try it out. I don't know if you keep the same level of nutrition of a dehydrator but I am not raw so just getting greens in is good enough for me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I know they are much much much healthier than crisps!

    ReplyDelete