Thursday 28 February 2013

Norwich Eco Awards Best Small Business!



I have just found out that Deerly Beloved Bakery has won the award for Best Eco Small Business from The Norwich Eco Awards! We are so pleased and happy to receive this award!
The awards ceremony took place this afternoon and I couldn't attend because you guessed it, I was making and delivering cakes! So it was a lovely surprise to hear from the awards organiser Claire Tullet that we had won! I apparently have got to pick up a certificate and a trophy, I have never had a trophy in my life but I am so happy to have gotten one for my little business.
Thank you so much to Norfolk County Council for recognising and encouraging green businesses! As my background is in environmental work, a chef promoting green eating and now, trying to make my business as sustainable as possible, from the ingredients I use to the packaging I package my cakes in, this means so much! Right I am off for a well deserved chocolate brownie to celebrate!



Read more here:
Evening News Write Up: http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/green_city_heroes_recognised_in_norwich_eco_awards_1_1961396
Norwich City Council Write Up: http://www.norwich.gov.uk/news/Pages/City'secochampionsareunveiled.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment