Sunday 14 April 2013

Devonshire Klotted Kream Review



Yesterday I got a fantastic treat through the post, some Devonshire Klotted Kream! I was so excited to try it as I have heard so much about this new vegan product!

When I think of 'Klotted Kream' I think of  scones, cream teas and Victoria sponge cakes! So that's what I made, a mini Victoria Sponge cake with Apricot jam and the my sample pot of Devonshire Klotted Kream! And it didn't disappoint!
The Kream is best at room temperature to attain the best texture. It is a very thick spreading Kream and sandwiched the sponge together brilliantly.
The taste is so much better than I thought, rich, creamy, a little sweet with the slightest coconut oil background but as I am mad about coconut this made me love it even more. The biggest difference between this and the real thing is and what I find with most vegan dairy replacements is a clean taste. There isn't the left over sourness after eating that I remember getting from dairy. But thankfully this is not something I miss anyway!
A lot of people have commented on the price but I think it is a good quality product for the money as always it is the postage that bumps up the price which is unfortunately something us small businesses can't control.

I would say try it and you will love it!

Ingredients of the Devonshire Klotted Kream:

Water, pure oats, coconut oil, rapeseed lethicin, sunflower spread (sunflower oil, vegetable oils, salt, emulsifier (mono and diglycerides of vegetable fatty acids), vitamin E, vitamin A, colour (natural carotenes), vitamin D2, vitamin B12), vanilla extract, sea salt.
Packaging pots are 100% reusable and recyclable, and are dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, just saw this cream the other day and thought it looked interesting. Good to see a review of it. I'm a big fan of the coconut oil so think I'd like this. Love the mini Victoria sponge. My sister got me one of these sets from Lakeland which I've not used yet, so it might be time! http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15170/My-Kitchen-12-Cup-Mini-Sandwich-Tin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look amazing!!!! Yeah I love coconut oil and definitely recommend this kream! Really yummy! Hope you are keeping well my lovely! X

    ReplyDelete